Sunday, May 20, 2007

Good Bye Work- Hello Maternity Leave!

I officially started my maternity leave this past Friday at 4:00 PM. It was exciting yet, very strange to leave the office with my bag full of personal items knowing that I will not be back for quite some time. I don't think it will hit me that I am really on leave until Monday morning when I do not have to go into the office. So crazy! I have a week until I am due, but I have a quite a long 'to do' list, so I am so glad that I have a few days off to get things done.
I will miss Credit Suisse, but I am so excited to start my new job as a mom! I know it will be the greatest endeavor I have ever taken on- can't wait!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

It is a weird feeling to leave the "workforce" but soon enough you will have no time to think about it. Good luck with that to-do list. Exciting!!!!
Being a mom is by far the best job I have ever had (ok, my NYC job was a close second with being a waitress at Wingers holding it's own at third place ;)

Lindsey said...

so exciting. I cannot wait to hear that you've had the baby! keep us updated with any appts until then and what the dr says.

Mark and Melanie said...

Enjoy your time before little DC comes! We're excited for you guys! Thanks for coming on Sunday, it meant a lot to us! See you soon.

Tyson, Kathy, and Landon said...

Congrats! Enjoy any time off and sleep a lot before the baby gets here!

Suzanne said...

Enjoy your time before baby comes...I can't wait to meet him!

jenn said...

Jen, that is so exciting! Hope you have a fun week and get to check everything off your list before your little boy gets here!

Holly said...

how is your time off going? isn't amazing that no matter how many days off work you have, you always seem busy? where does the time go? make sure to relax and get lots of sleep while you can. i'm so excited for you guys!