Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day in D.C.

We spent last weekend in D.C. hanging out with Bryson's family. The weather was perfect and we had a great time celebrating Mother's Day with his mom.
Saturday morning was great as Jayson serenaded me with his guitar. He has only played for a few years but he really is amazing. I am jealous that he is so good as I have ALWAYS wanted to play the guitar but never really got the hang of it (I have never been very musically inclined!). Maybe he can give me lessons some time :)
Although I did not get a picture of it, Bryson's brother Adam played the piano for me as well. He is a natural and is already a better piano player than me with only a few years of lessons. I really hope that our children get some of their musical talent!
Saturday afternoon we got to see Elyse play soccer- she is quite a competitive little thing. Even though she is only 6, she stood her ground against the ref when she thought she made a bad call- it was so funny!! I guess you naturally have a lot of 'spunk' when you are the youngest of 10. I have to say that I love this little girl to death and really wish I could take her home with me every time we go to D.C. to visit. Although she is only 6 (soon to be 7!) she is going to be a great aunt.
One of the highlights of the weekend was hanging out with my good friend Katie Hillstead. It had been almost 3 years since we had seen each other! The last time we hung out was before her mission and now she is married and is expecting her first baby with her husband Zach. So exciting!
Saturday night we met up with our friends Mikey and Jessica Peers. Here is Mikey and Bryson hanging out on the couch.
Bryson is holding Mikey and Jessica's little Jocelyn. She is the cutest thing, but sometimes she will hold her breath and she turns bright red- like in this picture!!
Sunday was the most beautiful day- perfect weather for a wonderful Mother's Day. Bryson's mom looks so beautiful here in her lavender suit. We were so happy we got to spend the day with her.
Here she is opening her Mother's Day gifts with 4 of her 10 kids! What a lucky and very loved mom! (Elyse, Ryan, Adam, and Jayson- such cute kids!)
Although I did not get to spend Mother's Day with my mom, I just want her to know that I am so grateful for all that she does for me. She is such an amazing woman and is an incredible example of love, selflessness, and service to me. Mom, I hope you had the best day yesterday and I just want you to know how much I love you!! (Mom and Lizzy April 2007)

6 comments:

Tyson, Kathy, and Landon said...

What a fun weekend! We almost went to DC too, but we may go next weekend instead. You look so great!

Lezlie Wagner said...

AHHHHH.. Jen!!! I CAN'T EVEN WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOUR BEAUTIFUL LITTLE BABY LOOKS LIKE WHEN IT GEYS HERE! I1M SO EXCITED FOR YOU TWO!

Suzanne said...

It looks like you guys had a great time...and of course you look amazing. I can't wait to meet baby boy Richards!

Cichelli said...

Are you and Bry going to have 10 kids too?

You will LOVE having boys. Honestly, I can't wait to have a little girl and sing and dance and decorate her in pink and bows and ruffles. But boys are the best. They are so low maintenance, LOVE their moms, love to play, and have the best imaginations. I look at baby girls and wish I could pierce ears and paint nails... and then I see teenage girls in hoochie outfits and am SO GLAD I have boys. You're going to love it, I promise!

Dan & Caitlin said...

We were in D.C. too! Wasn't the weather amazing? it looks like you had great Mother's day! I think you are getting close to your last days of work, and then you can enjoy the sunshine until baby comes!

Holly said...

looks like a great weekend! bryson looks like a natural with a baby in his arms, and your pregnant little belly is adorable! you've had such great examples from your mom and mother-in-law, you're going to be a wonderful mom yourself!