Monday, June 11, 2007

Baby Daniel is here!


Our sweet little baby is here!! Daniel Gregory was born on June 1st at 8:50 pm. He was 7 lbs 5 oz. and we could not be more in love with him! Here we are looking at sweet little Daniel a few hours after he was born. He did not even cry when he came out- he was so calm and curious and he stayed awake for over two hours after his birth just looking around at his new surroundings. All four grandparents came to visit Danny in the hospital. Here he is with Grandpa Frank.
We brought Daniel home on Sunday morning. Bryson and my dad helped me carry my stuff home and I carried the baby. My mom and dad are so excited here as they sit with their new grandson the day he came home!
Bryson and Danny are already great buddies- he loves his Daddy!!
I just love this little guy- I cannot get enough of him!!!
My mom and I gave Daniel his first sponge bath last week. From his face, we are not sure if he liked it! He did not cry though- so it must have been alright.
His first pediatrician check up was last Wed. He is a very healthy guy!! He lost a little weight from when we took him home from the hospital since he weighed in at 7 lbs 2 oz, but since all he does is eat, I think he will chunk up in no time. We took Daniel out on his first walk on Wed. He seems to like strolling the streets of NYC as he fell asleep just minutes after taking him out. Well, this is the world's longest blog, but a lot has happened this week! We love it when Danny makes funny little faces like these- he is such a sweet baby and Bryson and I feel so blessed to have him. We love you baby Danny!!

25 comments:

eyre blog said...

What a PRECIOUS baby! CONGRATS! Bryson was cute yesterday showing everyone pictures of him from his phone. We can't wait to meet him.

p.s. You look GREAT!

Suzanne said...

Jen-he is SOOOOOOOOOO adorable! You look great, of course, but I would expect nothing else. You are such a cute mom and both and Bryson look so happy. Congrats!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! He is SO darling, and you do look great! We definitely need to talk so that I can get all the details and your tips!

Melissa said...

What a darling baby! He's perfect. You guys look sooo happy in all the pics. I got the chills - such a special time. Post more when you can! He is a handsome guy and it sounds like he has a wonderful temperment - enjoy every second. He is really beautiful.

cariberri1 said...

I can’t believe you are a mom!!! How fun is that! I cried when I got your email with Danny's first pictures!! Bryson you look so happy with your little man and very comfortable!!!! Danny looks so sweet and sounds like a great baby! I am just so happy for you both!! Keep us updated with pictures! WOW you are PARENTS!!!

Marie said...

OOO, sweet!! Congrats to all of you on your new bundle of joy!!! It's the sweetest hardest job in the world....but I love being a mom. Have fun, they grow so fast!!!

Trish and Brian said...

Jen! I LOVE the picture of Bryson looking at him when they're laying down. That's got to be the cutest thing ever. You're probably so happy to have him at home! I can't wait to meet him. Love you guys.

Cichelli said...

i love you too baby daniel! i know i've told you this already, but he is the most perfect looking baby I've ever seen (don't tell my boys!). honestly, gorgeous. i can't wait to see him in person!

Melanie said...

Jen, he is beautiful! Congratulations! We can't wait to meet him when we come for a visit later this year.
You look great!

Tyson, Kathy, and Landon said...

He is beautiful! He is even more precious in person. I love that bottom picture!

Lindsey said...

Congrats! Daniel is adorable and I am so happy for you guys. When do we get to hear the labor story?

the alfandre family said...

danny is adorable! what a precious little guy. he looks so much like bryson to me...they have the same eyes i think. sooo cute! i'm so glad you're doing well and enjoying the time with him...the newborn stage flies by so fast!

Caitlin said...

He has the most adorable little face! I love his little facial expressions! I am sure he is even cuter in person, can't wait to see him. Glad you are doing well! Congratulations!

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

yeah!!! i have been checking your blog like every single day hoping you would post pictures soon. he is ADORABLE! you look so happy! i can't wait to hear all about everything...call me when life settles down. congratulations!!

taryn said...

The most beautiful newborn baby I have ever seen! Wow! Congratulations!

Emma said...

I agree. He's so handsome!

Lezlie Wagner said...

CONGRATS!!!!! I just love you!

kristenlucy said...

congratulations!! he is beautiful..my favorite pic is the bottom one. :)

jenn said...

What a cutie! Congrats and keep the pictures coming!

Shaun & Courtni Neff said...

omg!! he's seriously so cute!!! you look fab. CONGRATS!!! xo

Trish and Brian said...

Jen! Please tell Bryson "Happy Father's Day!" What an exciting day for you guys. I hope you're doing something special...like sleeping :-P I'd love new pictures whenever you have time. Love you!

Laura said...

Congrats! He is such a good looking baby. I guess he takes after his parents! Can't wait to set up some play dates when we move to NYC soon!

Cherie said...

Jen, I hope it's okay that I dropped in on your blog. I haven't seen you in years, but I found out from Melissa DeLaPaz that you were expecting. That little boy is ADORABLE!!! You look amazing, as always! Congrats! By the way, I am expecting a boy too... due in about 5 weeks. I can't wait! We need to get in touch again.

The Johnsons said...

He is honestly one of the cutest babies I've ever seen! That's really no surprise, but I have to emphasize the truth of the statement. Eventhough I'm a little bitter that baby Daniel waited until we left for his big arrival, we have been so happy and excited to see pictures. Best of luck to the three of you! We miss you and think of you often!

Holly said...

he is darling!! i love all the pictures and can't wish you congratulations enough. what cute parents you and bryson are. i love your little family:)