Saturday, September 1, 2007

A Day in the Park

So in the past I have often felt obligated to go to Central Park. It seems that for us living in NYC, it is the only retreat from the city that gives you the feeling as though you really have left the city, so naturally, it is where we always go. After spending a good amount of time away from NYC this summer, I really feel as though I have come to fully appreciate this great chunk of land amidst a concrete jungle. It is pretty amazing, and I have tried to take Daniel there everyday for our walks to explore new areas and parts. Here are some fast facts about CP that I did not know:

1) It is 843 Acres or 6% of the island
2) 25 million people visit every year
3) 26,000 trees are in the park
4) 9,000 benches can be found to sit on
5) 275 different species of birds have been sighted
6) For those of your who are thirsty, 150 drinking fountains are located around the park
7) It was created 150 years ago by Frederick Olmstead and Calvert Vaux
8) You can always see at least 2 hairy men in Speedos laying out on Sheep's Meadow at any given time

Now here are some pics of my baby enjoying the great outdoors of NYC

19 comments:

Trish and Brian said...

OMG! I hope that my baby boy is as cute as yours! Those eyes are so precious - and it looks like both you and Bryson are enjoying being wonderful parents. BTW - you look skinnier than you were before you got pregnant!!!!

kristenlucy said...

jen...that baby boy is seriously beautiful!! how rad to be living in nyc...i'm dying to take a trip there :)

Shannon & Kevin said...

Jen you got some great pics of Danny! I miss him SOOO much! Give him a huge hug and kiss from his Aunt Shannie. Love you!

Kathy said...

I just can't get over how beautiful Daniel is! What a cutie pie! I'm excited you guys will be here in October!

Sara Jensen said...

I found your blog from Sami's and wanted to say hi. Your little guy is adorable! It's fun to see you and your cute family. Glad things are going well!

Cichelli said...

These pictures are darling. And you look GORGEOUS. And Bryson, as always, is just the cutest dad.

Tell Daniel I'm coming in just a few weeks to hold him. I'm seriously available to babysit if you two want to run and get something to eat. I'm going to be going through baby boy withdrawal towards the end of my business trip. I'm SERIOUS. Take me up on this offer!

Sami said...

I can't believe how big Daniel is getting! I think he looks just like Bryson. I know I need to call you back! Talk to you soon!

cariberri1 said...

Oh my goodness Jen, he is beautiful! Looks like he got your beautiful blue eyes!!!

the alfandre family said...

its amazing how peaceful those pictures look amidst the hussle and bussle of the nyc. daniel is growing so fast i just can't believe it. i just love the pic of him in your arms...what a pretty mama! wish we lived near you guys!

Melanie said...

Are you sure Central park doesn't get 25 million visitors each DAY? it sure seems like! :o)

Shaun & Courtni Neff said...

cool pix! super cute!!!

Dayna Magleby said...

JEN!! Danny is sooooo freakin cute I can't even take it!! He is so amazingly goodlooking. What a stud! He looks bigger even in those photos.. ahhh I love him! He is so good at lifting his head up too!! How I miss him. I miss him so much. Please keep posting photos, they are so fun to look at, and give him a big wet smooch for me right on the lips!! haha. love you guys!!!

Dayna Magleby said...

Bryson tells me danny got pictured from a scout for baby gap! I feel so proud to be his aunt. What a little hottie!

Shannon & Kevin said...

Okay, Jen. It's been a few days. PLEASE update your blog so I can see more adorable pictures of Danny.... and you too.

Burnhams said...

danny is seriously so cute! Can't wait to have a little guy of my own!

Melissa said...

Baby boy is too cute! He has the most amazing coloring - wow!
So jealous you get to take him to Central Park. A
And you look a-mazing.
Happy family!

stace said...

Look at your CUTE little boy!!

Holly said...

his big blue eyes could melt any heart- what a little peanut! the park looks beautiful, and thanks for the fun facts!

D&A Klaus said...

Hi Jen! I came across your blog on Trish's site and congrats to you and your husband on your new adorable baby boy. It's been a long time since we've seen each other but I am glad that you are happy and healthy. It seems like just a little while ago when we would go running together (stopping by your house for a swim or McDonald's for a free ice cream!) Anyhow, I'm grateful for the fact that we can keep in touch through blogs. Take care and have fun being new parents! :o)