Saturday, November 24, 2007

Indian Summer

Bryson and I spent a few days in Vegas with my family after we returned from our trip to Oregon. All I can say is that I heart Global Warming (no...I do not believe humans are causing rising temperatures, but that is a whole other blog)- we were water skiing on Lake Mead mid -November and the water temperature was perfect! I grew up skiing on this lake and I love the crystal clear blue water and rough mountain terrain that surrounds it. We are now in D.C. for Thanksgiving and are having a great time with the Richards. I hope you all have had a great holiday wherever you are. I am so thankful for the abundance of blessings which I have in my life. I am blessed with a wonderful family, great friends, good health, and am so fortunate to have been born into the gospel. I am indeed a blessed girl.

Here are a few photos from our day at the lake:


I hope Danny is proud of his mom skiing - especially since she was so sore the next day she could barely move!(yes...I desperately need to get into better shape :)







7 comments:

Trish and Brian said...

Haha - Awesome post. I miss water-skiing SO much. Last time I went was in Tahiti and I was sore for like 2 whole days! Haha. Your Dad is so awesome. I'm super impressed with him- wakeboarding?!

Steve and Dayna Magleby said...

I can't believe that you were able to do that so late in the year! Thats awesome. Makes me miss deep creek and waterskiing so badly. Danny looks so cute in all the pics as usual. PS. Will you email me the pics that we took with me holding Danny and Jordan (hugging)? daynamagleby@gmail.com thanks!!!

ryan and laura said...

we had a great week in new york but after seeing the photos of you on the lake I'm just a little jealous! how fun to go waterskiing!

Melissa said...

Hooray! If the slopes aren't ready at least someone is getting some skiing in!
I am sure Danny was so proud of you. Did he enjoy the boat ride?

Dan & Annie said...

Hey Jen,
Looks like you guys have been enjoying yourselves. I love to see pics of cute little Daniel.
I had a question for you. My two girlfriends and I are taking a trip to NYC in May. I was wondering if you knew any tricks to getting good prices on hotels, Wicked tickets, etc. I thought you guys might have some insider info. You can email me at anneruden@hotmail.com or comment on my blog.
Thanks!!!

the smoots said...

How fun! Isn't it always that warm in Vegas? Glad you had a good time!

Cherie said...

Good for people to know.