Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Meeting the Great Great Grandparents

This past week my mom and I flew up to Oregon to visit relatives on her side of the family. My mom grew up in Southern Oregon, and most of her family still lives in the area, including my great grandparents who are Danny's Great Great Grandparents. My great grandpa had a stroke a few weeks ago, and is weak, but is doing surprisingly well. My great grandma still cooks for herself, is very mobile, continues to writes cute letters to her grandkids, and has maintained her cute little sense of humor. I know they will not be around much longer, so I am so thankful we got to visit them, and so grateful they were able to meet little Danny.



Five generations together. My great grandparents are 93 and 94 years old!



My mom with little Daniel
Daniel's Great Great Grandpa Lambert Johnson









Daniel and his Great Grandma Shirley

























Great Great Grandma Johnson holding Daniel's hand. I think this picture is so sweet.













Hanging out with great Aunt Barbara and Uncle Dee

12 comments:

Shannon & Kevin said...

THAT IS AMAZING - 5 GENERATIONS TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE!!! That's so nice that you got to go up there and visit, and I'm glad to hear that your great grandfather is doing well. You took some great pictures. Danny is cuter than ever! I can't wait to see you guys in just a couple of days! Love you all!

The Soldani's said...

Lady you should have told me you were in Oregon!! I would have driven down to see you! Oh well another time. Thats awesome that your Great Grandparents are still around and doing so well. Amazing 93 and 94!!

stace said...

that five generation picture is awesome!

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

he is SO CUTE! his little cheeks are adorable! how's life in d.c.? (i think you are still there, but i am not sure) i miss you!

Steve and Dayna Magleby said...

THAT IS SERIOUSLY UNBELIEVABLE. I am showing everyone and their mom right now how crazy and amazing that is. So so so cool that you were able to be there and have all those generations together at once. I have never seen anything like that! PS Your grandma looks so young. Is it your mom's mom or dad's?? Danny is so freakin' adorable in all those pictures. Im going to squeeze/kiss those cheeks so hard when I see him!! That is so neat that you can tell him he met his great GREAT grandparents. Truly unbelievable. Ok this is starting to turn into a novel so I'm gonna end it now ha ha. Love you!!!

Melissa said...

Very cool - five generations. Danny is so cute and the picture of him holding his great great grandma's hand is SO sweet.
Um, do you want to talk about the fact that you and your mom look EXACTLY alike except for hair color? What a beauty of a fam!

Cichelli said...

This is so neat! I don't know anyone who has great GREAT grandparents. I thought it was special that I had four generations together, but wow. Those pictures will be priceless forever.

ps your family is YOUNG. My grandparents are pushing 90. Good genes for you.

ryan and laura said...

how cool is that to have great great grandparents! Danny is one lucky boy! are you going to be in ny this week....we come on tues and are there all week.

Trish and Brian said...

Wow - SO cool! And Grandma Shirley is super cute :-) I'm sure you had fun up there visiting everyone. And Danny's tush is adorable.

the smoots said...

That is unbelieveable - 5 generations? Together? I don't think I've ever heard of that! I'm so glad you got the picture. Good thinkin'. Glad you had fun.

Sami said...

I can't believe your great grandparents are still alive! That is amazing! Looks like you had a fun road trip. When are you coming to California!? :)

The Strand Family said...

Danny is so handsome :) He's growing up so fast. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love you!