Friday, December 7, 2007

Back in NYC

My baby is now 6 months old, and I have decided that time is flying by way too fast. I can already tell that I am going to have a nervous breakdown when he moves out of the house as I struggled this week to pack away all of his little clothes that no longer fit him. I wish I could just freeze him! Although I sometimes miss him being so tiny, I have to admit he becomes more and more fun with every new stage. Why is being a mom so dang fun?!

So we are finally back home. It took me about a week to get our apartment somewhat together after being gone for so many months, yet we are leaving again next week! I have LOVED being back here. It has been so great to have my own little space again and to see all of our friends. Danny has loved the city as well. He has found his favorite spot in the whole world- sitting by the window! He literally cries when I take him away from his 'perch'. He is fascinated by the taxis, trucks, people, dogs, pigeons that are all outside our apartment. I don't blame him, the streets of New York have always entertained me as well!

Thanksgiving dinner at the Richards in Potomac

This is his favorite spot. He is truly a city boy!



First time seeing snow




Running the lower loop in Central Park


First time meeting Santa at Macy's. He was quite nervous once I placed him in the hands of this large man with a strange red suit. There is nothing cuter than a jolly Santa, but I can definitely see why kids get scared!
This cutie loves his baths.

13 comments:

melissa said...

OK, his "perch" is AWESOME. That picture is so classic! Bumbo's are funny anyway, but he is so cute sitting up there. Looks like it's all business checking out the going ons of the city.

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

he is so cute!!! i know what you mean, i already get sad that he looks diffrerent since the hospital....so lame!

Kathy said...

I love that he likes to sit and look out the window, and that bath picture is so CUTE!

Holly said...

little danny is the cutest, and you look like you're having a great time, no matter what city you're in at the moment! can't wait to see you here in utah this month- we've really got to get together. i'll give you a call!

Jessica said...

You guys are so cute! I love his smile in the bath picture!

Shannon & Kevin said...

What great photos! That is too funny about him loving to look down at the busy NY street. What a cutie pie!

callie & steve said...

perfect spot for people watching! what a cutie! i am so glad you are enjoying the holidays with the little fam... isn't it just the best having kids to celebrate this special time of year?! nothing could be better!

Burnhams said...

I love that he sits in front of that window! How cute. I've heard those bumbo's are the best. I should get one of those.

Steve and Dayna Magleby said...

Could he get any cuter??? I really do not think that is physically possible. I am amazed that he gets even cuter every day. I love all the pics- that is so cute about the window, babies are so interested in everything its so cute. I LOVE the bath time picture. It looks like it should be in some magazine somewhere. So cute!! How did he react with Santa!? He looks a little unsure... so funny!!! I miss you guys!

Mindi said...

Danny seriously looks like a doll. So handsome! Jack does the same thing.. loves to watch the cars outside the window. I wish our window sills were wider, I let him sit up there all day!

ryan and laura said...

daniel is the most darling little boy! and how funny is it that he loves the city! I guess all us suburbia folks aren't so good with our kids in the big city! it always seems kinda wild!

TAM & ERIC said...

Hey Jen, my goodness great to hear from you! your new lil guy is just darling! How much longer are you guys in NYC and how has that fun adventure been so far? Hope all's well!

Trish and Brian said...

Oh he is too cute for words...just like his parents :-) I can't wait until mine comes out to join the rest of us - I know he and Danny will be the best of friends. You look great Jen! I miss you.