Saturday, February 9, 2008

Disappointed

Well, our country's best candidate for president has dropped out of the race. In the words of Anne Coulter "I think I would vote for Hillary before John McCain" seems to hit home right now. Ok, so I would never vote for Mrs. Bill Clinton, but McCain is definitely not my favorite. Mitt has the intelligence, integrity, humility, and strength that one could only hope for in a president. I was very sad to see him leave the race, but respect his decision not to be a divisive figure within the republican party. He truly cares for his country. 
I am so very very behind on my blogging, but I wanted to share photo from a few weeks ago. The day before the Nevada Caucus, my family hosted a party for his wife Anne in our home. It was wonderful spending time with her, the campaign managers, and her sweet daughter-in-law Jennifer. We were able to talk about the day to day craziness of life during a presidential campaign and let me tell you - it is brutal! No sleep- little food- and always having to look your best. I could never do it. Yet Anne looked beautiful and was absolutely charming the entire luncheon. On top of her crazy schedule, she has MS. What a wonder woman!



My mother Sally, sister Stephanie, Anne Romney, myself, and my Dad Greg


Jennifer Romney with her son and me with little Daniel




Anne Romney speaking with reporters and supporters in our living room


My parents with Anne

11 comments:

Sara Jensen said...

Sad day, although I think his decision to suspend his campaign is the wisest thing to do. He now rallies the party behind him and it puts him in great shape in 4 years. The Dems are out showing us 2 to 1 in the polls; I think it's going to be their year. I'm just hope this is like Reagan '76. Hopefully he'll want to run next term.

I didn't realize how tall I look until I saw the back of my head next to all the ladies. I should have worn shorter heels!

Kathy said...

I'm glad to see your back to blogging, I've missed your updates! Your family is gorgeous.

Shannon & Kevin said...

How cool!! To think your parents might have hosted a future First Lady. I too am sad that Mitt has pulled out of the race. I REALLY hope this is not the last we'll see of him.

Holly said...

i too was sad to see mr. romney leave the race. what is this country coming to?? way to go on hosting mrs. romney- a fun "day in the life of..." and who wouldn't want to stay at your house for a day?

Jewels said...

Ok - I left the biggest comment on your post entitled "Where have the Richards gone?" or something like that. Then I check today and you've posted like 3 times! You are quick! Hopefully you saw my comment (it was like...number 16 or something), if not - go read it! I am so glad you found me - LOVE YOU!

Mindi said...

Wowsers Jen, that's quite the "living room" your parents have! It looked like a hotel lobby! And what a great opportunity to be so closely involved (and yet comfortably not) in the Presidential race!

I, too, was excited to see another post on your blog. Updates are fun, especially when you are not here to speak to directly. (Not so) Little Daniel looks like he could get up and walk away- he's so big!! I guess that's what happens when he is not seen for months on end. Hope you are enjoying yourself! We'll look forward to your return to NYC. :)

the smoots said...

Amen. This country needs Mitt. Kudos to your parents for getting involved... and what were you doing in Vegas? More interviews?

Lauren said...

Looks like a fun day - Josh and Jen were at b school with us. Are you guys going to be back in NY soon? Hopefully the weather will be nice soon!

Jessica said...

Mikey and I want to make a trip to New York. Hopefully in April. Maybe we will see you soon...

Melissa said...

Oh the devastation! I am either going blue this year or doing a write in candidate.
PS - you could TOTALLY be a first lady. You always look your best! And little Daniel would be the all american first son. Love it!

Sami said...

Yeah I keep wondering what we are going to do now! Katie's baby is too cute. Isn't it crazy how fast they grow? Danny is huge next to Justin!