Monday, March 17, 2008

Luck of the Irish

Well....we matched!!!!!! This means that Bryson and I are definitely heading off to a plastic surgery residency this Summer. We got an e-mail at 12:00 pm titled "did I match?" My heart was beating so fast that I could barley open it. I felt the greatest sigh of relief when I read the word "congratulations". You can call it the luck of the Irish, but it really had nothing to do with luck. Bryson worked his tail off these past 4 years to match in Plastic Surgery. We know we have been so blessed to have this great opportunity. Now we have to wait until Thursday to find out where we are going. The hardest part is over. We know we are going somewhere, and that is all that matters :)

In addition to our great news about the match, we had the most wonderful day exploring the city. . Our activities included the St. Patrick's Day Parade, the Central Park Petting Zoo, Macy's Flower Show, Madison Square Park, and a fabulous dinner at Max Brenner's. The day could not have been any better! To top everything off, Daniel crawled (not commando- but the real thing) for the first time today. We were so excited!!
Tired after a long day!



















Madison Sq. Park

11 comments:

Ang said...

Congrats on matching...that is wonderful news! We will be excited to find out where you are headed for the next chapter in your medical lives. :) loved seeing all the pictures of little daniel...he has the bluest eyes!

Shannon & Kevin said...

Jen - Great pics! : )
Thank you so much for having us up. We are having the BEST time! and CONGRATULATIONS again on matching. Yesterday REALLY was such a great day in so many ways!!

Melanie said...

Looks like a fun day!! Definitely needed after the stressful waiting. COngrats on matching - can't wait to hear where you are headed (but still sad about Rochester NY, not MN)!

Caitlin said...

I was so glad to see this post since I was getting nervous for you when you hadn't put anything on the blog late last night! What a relief! Now I bet you are dying with anticipation to find out where you will be going!

Steve and Dayna Magleby said...

Congrats again! And I love all the pictures. That is so fun the two boys can get together as often as they do. I wish I could have been there with you guys- it looks like you all had so much fun!

Mindi said...

Yay! Congrats- what a relief! Little Danny isn't so little anymore! Crawling?! Watch out!

Glad to see it was such a fun day for you.. I still need to come get that stuff from you... when your houseguests have gone, give me a call.

Jewels said...

Dude, could you have a cooler life? What a fun day! Your son's eyes just kill me - they are to die for! Such a pretty blue, I love it. I swear, I'm getting to anxious to hear where you guys are going! Thursday can't get here fast enough!!

j & rachel kirkham said...

CONGRATULATIONS on matching!! I knew you would make it! I can't wait to find out where you are going. Hopefully you will finally have a good night's sleep. Danny is so perfect! We miss you already!
Love, Rachel

Jessica said...

Horray!!! That is so exciting! Looks like you had a great day too!!! Yay for your family!

Sheryl said...

Tomorrow is the day right? I'm excited for you. Just think wherever it is, the Lord will use you as his instrument there. How wonderful.
p.s. I think you and Bryson should have a going away party. That would be a great time for me to come and see you!

Melanie said...

anxiously waiting to hear....