Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Birthday MOM!!


So my mom turned 50 this week. I have to say that she is by far the most beautiful 50 year old in the whole world. I really am so blessed that she is my mother. She is the perfect example of charity and kindness. She also is so talented as she is a wonderful cook, tennis player, seamstress, decorator, skier, teacher, and of course, mother. I will feel very successful if I am able to accomplish half as much as she has when I turn 50.

To celebrate the big event my whole family, along with my two aunts and grandparents, are meeting in San Diego this weekend. It should be a fun few days of sun, beach, BBQ, and relaxing.

Not to put a damper on the weekend, but we are meeting at my parent's condo which is on the exact stretch of beach (Solana Beach) that the horrible shark attack took place last week. The beach is actually closed until tomorrow, and marine biologists are still looking for the Great White Shark that killed the swimmer. I feel horrible for the swimmer's family and needless to say I am a wee bit anxious about getting in the water. What are the odds!? Hopefully there will be no shark sightings!

11 comments:

Sheryl said...

What the beautiful mom! She looks great! Have so much fun this weekend!

Jessica said...

Your mom is HOT. And oh my gosh, scary about the shark thing! I haven't heard about it!

We are taking off on May 19th! So soon! I'll be sad to leave my friends but I'm excited to be closer to family. Will we be able to see you???

Steve and Dayna Magleby said...

Freaky!!!! I hate sharks. They creep me out. Don't get even get near the water, lol, jk, but serious. And your mom really is H-O-T-T Hott. Tell her happy birthday from us!!

Shannon & Kevin said...

San Diego??!! How fun!! I'm sure you guys will have a great time. Don't worry too much about the shark attack. And tell your mom happy birthday from the Taylors! Love ya!

Mindi said...

Stay out of the water.. but have a great time! Sounds like it will be a fun party.. you definitely take after your mom, a true beauty- inside and out!

The Strand Family said...

Happy 50th Birthday Sally!! Have a wonderful trip. Call me if you are in town. Squeeze Danny boy for me. Love you!

Trish and Brian said...

Oh tell your mom I say "Happy Birthday!". I hope she has a fantastic weekend with her wonderful family. I have no doubt you will be a lot like your mom as you get older.

The Gordons said...

Happy Birthday to Sally! Have fun on your trip :)

Bryant and Chelsea said...

You look so much like your mom, Jen. I love it. Can't wait to see you guys when we get back. You and your mom and both beautiful!

ryan and laura said...

yes please - stay away from the sharks! that so scary!

Steve and Dayna Magleby said...

Jen!!!! I check your blog every day and I can't be patient any longer-- I need Danny updates!! I miss that cute little ball of cuteness. When we were in Fiji there we saw this little boy that reminded me so much of Danny. Everyone around him was just saying how cute and beautiful this little baby was. He had big blue eyes just like Danny and their features were really similar. It made me miss him so much. I saw pictures of him on Shannon's blog when they were in New York. He is getting so big!! Its so sad to see them grow up that fast. He looks so adorable in all the pictures. I've seen your Danny video that your friends made like 30 times now, I think I have it memorized, and I'm in need of some new pictures to awe over. We miss you guys so much! I'm so sad I can't be there with the rest of the family for Bryson's graduation. So many times the family has played up there with you guys and it makes me so jealous!! Any way, I love you tons, we miss you so much, and give danny a big hug and kiss from me!!!