Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Wheelers came up from NYC for the weekend and we had a wonderful time. Unfortunately Bryson spent the whole time working in the hospital, but such is the life of an intern. We packed in as many activities as we could in the 2 days they were here. We saw Niagara Falls, went to the Hill Cumorah Pageant, walked down the Erie Canal, hit up a few discount stores that are hard to find in NYC, ate at Cheesecake, and visited Lake Ontario. I had a great time with Mindy, Colby, and Jack- we hope they come back soon!

Maiden of the Mist Boat (Canadian Side)

The falls are breathtaking


Jack giving Daniel a big wet hug after getting splashed from the falls
D checking out the view. He looks so serious - what is he thinking?





Not sure why they give out ponchos- we still got soaked

Although not very practical, the baby ponchos were adorable

11 comments:

Steve and Dayna Magleby said...

looks like so much fun!! we miss you in deep creek. i wish you'd get your tooshie out here sooner!!! give danny big wet kiss from HIS AUNT DAYNA. love you guys!

Ang said...

Looks like a great time! I have never been there but it looks beautiful...I'll have to add it to the travel list. I bet you are loving having a home now after your apartment in NYC. Daniel is such a good looking baby! Jen you look great in all of your pictures.

Jewels said...

What a fun couple of days! And your son is so adorable, I just was to kiss his chubby cheeks! LOVE your house, too! Isn't it great being able to decorate your own home? I love it. And you have done a FABULOUS job, can't wait to see it when you're all done! Hmm, perhaps I need to come visit...

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

daniel is so cute i can hardly stand it!!!

Haley said...

I found your blog! Love it Jen! Mine is http://virginialover.blogspot.com

Don't you just love the falls! You travel like me, husbandless ;).

Shannon & Kevin said...

Danny looks SO cute in his little poncho! He is getting SOOO big, I can't stand it!! I can't wait to see you guys!

di said...

o i love the photo of you and mindi with your little boys! :)

Lauren said...

Those ponchos are adorable!! We are heading to Deep Creek August 6 and can't wait to see you guys!!

xo

nat said...

great pics! your little boy is growing up!! and i love those big blue eyes :) also--i LOVE the pics of your house--todd and i can't wait for the day to own our own home! looks cozy :) hope all is well with the residency schedule!

Mindi said...

We had SUCH a great time Jen.. thanks for being such a fantastic hostess. You really have a great set up in Rochester... If I could move and be your neighbor, I would.

It was fun to see Daniel and Jack interact.. I love the picture of Jack hovering over Daniel as he tried to give him a hug. :) I forgot about that. Daniel was such a good sport! Can't wait to see you again.

THE MEYERS said...

Hi Jen! This is Amy (Carpenter) Meyers from BYU. I just found your blog and your family is SO cute! Keep in touch: meyersmemoirs.blogspot.com