Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We are finally getting settled, and I can't tell you how much I have loved having a dishwasher, washer/dryer, and SPACE! Our home needs a little color (and a few more pieces of furniture) but we are enjoying it so much. Here are a few pics of the rooms we have unpacked and are looking presentable. I will post more as we get the rest of the rooms put together.



Living/Dining Room



Porch
Master Bath- again- needs some color (and new light fixture)


Master Bedroom. It is looking great thanks to a HUGE furniture donations made by my parents.

Kitchen

View from entry way


So as of July 6, Daniel is finally walking. I was at church (in the hallway of course, since Bryson was at the hospital) and he just took off and walked across the room. The funniest thing was that I was so excited, but his delight was not equal to mine as he gave me this look that said, "mom, calm down. It is not that big of a deal".Daniel showing off his new walking skills while eating ice cream at Shoen's Place on the Canal.

Oh...and I got a good laugh at all of your comments about Nick! Now I know Nick is a cute kid, but I have never seem him as a 'hottie' (as someone wrote). He will always be my adorable, sweet, incredibly smart, but somewhat absent minded brother. I know he never looks at my blog (too busy with BYU and chicks) but I want him to know how proud I am of him that he has decided to serve a mission. I will miss him these next two years, but look forward to all that he will learn and do as he serves the people of Mongolia.

16 comments:

Mindi said...

Yay for Daniel!! Already walking?! The house looks gorgeous! So grown up! :) We want to come see it in person... email me back... the weekend is coming fast! :)

stace said...

what a cute home. You must love having a place of your own!!

Shannon & Kevin said...

Your home is BEAUTIFUL!! It looks SO nice, and how great to have so much more space!! I bet you're loving it! I hope to come visit soon. Maybe after the lake??

DANNY IS WALKING!! YAY!! This summer is going to be so much fun with our little toddlers. Can't wait to see you!

Carissa, Brandon & Carly said...

So many exciting things happening for you guys! How fun! Your new place looks great and what a change from New York City. And enjoy Daniel walking, pretty soon he'll be running! Kids seem to grow in leaps and bounds!

Steve and Dayna Magleby said...

your house is beautiful!! i wanna come visit!! danny's nursery is ADORABLE. how fun that danny is walking! i love your comment on how he was all "no big deal". can't wait to see you all at the lake!

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

what a cute house! i bet it feels nice to have a place to call your's! I can't believe Daniel is walking already. He is so cute!

Camille said...

Yay for Danny walking!! Your house looks SO wonderful. I enjoyed talking with you over the phone. Keep in touch and thanks for posting pictures!

Bryant and Chelsea said...

You're home is beautiful! Definately better than the ones we looked at! It's perfect. I can't wait to come visit. And yay for Daniel! He's so cute. I miss you guys so much, but I'm excited for you to have a wahser/dryer, dishwasher, and most of all, space!!! You're home is wonderful.

Sheryl said...

congrats on the move Jen. After moving from NY too. I think everything feels bigger. hahaha. daniel is sooo cute. I just want to kiss those cheeks!

j & rachel kirkham said...

We miss you guys! Thank you for posting pictures of your house, we were dying to see it! Maybe we'll see you at Deep Creek in a couple of weeks. Love you!

Sami said...

Oh how fun! I love you beautiful home! It looks awesome! Happy first Danny!

The Gordons said...

Jen, I'm completely thrilled for you guys!! What a great house, how lovely to have so much space, a yard, great appliances...DREAMY. I couldn't be happier for ya.

And congrats to Danny on his first steps!! How fun.

I miss you tons. Let's talk soon!
love ya

Holly said...

your house is awesome! it's so fun to make a place your own, with your own style and freedom to do what you want. congrats to daniel on his new skills!

P.S. said...

Yeah for Daniel! Pretty soon he'll be playing lacrosse with his daddy!
Love your house! Let's convince Tiffany that she and I need to come visit before school starts! Maybe the discount stores will seal the deal :)
Love you!

Nanxi said...

Aw.. your house is So beautiful! :)
i am so happy for you that you got all settled in!! :)
i miss you so much!!!!
<333 love, nanxi

Laura said...

Gorgeous home, congrats! You guys are like real adults now!!