Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween and Nick's Farewell

halloween was filled with yummy food, great costumes,
and of course, abundant candy....
my mom always goes 'all out' on halloween dinner graveyard glop cups
yummy cupcakes
even daniel could not resist
daniel was not thrilled with the bear costume (he protested wearing the 'hat' for sometime)

he seemed to perk up a bit once we gave him a sticky red sucker




posing with his beautiful cousin lizzy, dressed as a witchlittle tommy was thrilled to be a bear as wellgrandma and grandpa bigler joined in on the trick or treating fun
daniel adores his aunt stephwhen the babies fell asleep, justin, katy and i put on our finest mullets and some sweet outfits and went to check out a haunted house in our neighborhood
seriously... have you ever seen two hotter sisters?
and justin was not looking too bad himself... cross eyed trailor trash men are always a good catch!
on a more serious note... the real reason i was in vegas was to attend nick's farewell and see him off at the mtc
beautiful katy and sweet little tommy at the park
my wonderful niece lizzy...i just adore her... she is the most wonderful thing

i had to throw in a picture of the bigler family's newest edition, a bull dog puppy named margaret thatcher (maggie)
three adorable cousins in the tub

daniel and his uncle nick

my great friend trish and her adorable boy hunter stopped by after the farewell
the boys playing with grandma's pumpkins

thankfully bryson made it out for 1 day to spend time with us and say goodbye to nick


my wonderful little bro and me in park city the day before he went into the mtc
words cannot describe how proud all of us were that day

mongolian text... i know i am so thankful i do not have to learn this language!
i will not lie... it was so hard to say goodbye for 2 years... i already miss nick so much
he is an incredible example to me and the rest of our family...we are so grateful that he made the wonderful decision to serve a mission
we love you nick...we know you will be a great missionary!

16 comments:

J and Rachel Kirkham said...

ok Danny's little bum in that pool picture is priceless! You know there is a pool in my backyard that he could swim naked in any time!!

Nanxi said...

Jen! your halloween outfit was hot!! :) Ha ha :)
aw, i always enjoy looking at your pictures and it makes me miss you all even more! And I am sure it was really really hard to say goodbye to Nick. He will do so great and i miss him too :(
And i miss youu!!! Love , Nanxi

Angela said...

Love the mullets!

Jessica said...

Cute pics!!!

Shannon and Kevin said...

Thank you for this wonderful update! Daniel is so freaking adorable I can't stand it!! I love his little bear costume - oh he is so darling! My favorite picture is, well I have many favorites, but I LOVE the one of the cousins in the tub - Danny's big blue eyes stand out so much and are so amazing! I also LOVE the picture of him shooting a basket in the pool - I just wanna squeeze those cheeks! It's so great that you could be out there to say goodbye to Nick. He's going to make an awesome missionary!

Steve and Dayna Magleby said...

I ditto exactly what Shannon said. I love all those photos but the ones she said are my favorite too. Well, except for your AWESOME mullet pictures of course!! Oh man I am laughing SO HARD right now just thinking of them. Where did you get those sweet mullets?! I think you should wear them every day! haha.

Congrats on Nick's calling/departure for Mongolia... wowzers!!! He is going to do SO GREAT.

Love you!!!

The Strand Family said...

HOLY MULLET :) You sure know how to rock that mullet! LOVE IT!

jen said...

hey, mullets are cool here in moscow. but they DONT look like that . . . . don't worry.

Holly said...

halloween is so much fun- a great excuse for dressing up crazy and eating lots of yummy treats. and i love the new addition- maggie. what a cutie!! good luck to your bro on his mission- he's going to Mongolia? good for him!

ryan and laura said...

daniel really is one cute kid! cant wait to see him in person in a couple days!

Melissa said...

The MTC is a crazy place. So spiritual, sad, happy - all in one! Is he going to Mongolia?
The Halloween pics are so cute. That bear costume is the cutest I have seen!

Ang said...

So hard to say goodbye to siblings when they leave for missions. I am glad taht you were able to spend so much time with your family while in Vegas and in Utah. You got some great pictures of Danny with his cousins. Love the Halloween get up for the adults!

Lindsey said...

Jen, I love your halloween costume. the mullet is so great. and how adorable is daniel?! you have a beautiful family!

callie & steve said...

i love the bear costume! any i must add, that the floridian white trash dress with slippers was so right on. i can vouch! i hope you are enjoying the north! hope we get to see you over the holidays!

Burnhams said...

hey we need your address. email me at burnhamchristmascards@hotmail.com
Love, Emily

Sheryl said...

Bryson...i talked to your sister and introduced myself to your mom at stake conference. i'd love to see you guys if you're coming here for Christmas. Just email me or something...sherylkgarner@gmail.com