Monday, March 9, 2009

New Hair

When I married Bryson I envisioned all our children to have blond ringlets since his hair is so thick and curly (and we both were blond as babies). Daniel definitely has light hair- but it is more wavy than curly. We came to the conclusion that Daniel's 'curls' were never going to come in and that his hair was far too shaggy- so we gave him a little trim. I think it turned out great! Here are a few pics post-haircut:



And I was far too sick of my blond hair. Well, actually, I was sick of paying WAY too much for highlights, having to sit for 3 + hours in a stinky salon to get them done, and seeing dark roots in a matter of weeks after all of that. Being blond was a pain and I am thrilled with my new color. It is much darker than my natural, but so much prettier than the nasty mousy hue that I sadly call my own. Who knows- I may feel the need to go light again once summer hits but I am loving the dark right now :)

(thanks Bryson for taking the pic :)

20 comments:

Sheryl said...

ah yes you're truly and east coaster now. way to go dark! cute.

Ang said...

Little Daniels wavey hair is so cute! You dark hair looks great...what a fun change.

Logan and Emily said...

I love it! You're so pretty!

Crystal and Morgan said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! both you and Daniel! You have such a pretty glow and I think the brown hair really brings it out. Beautiful!

Angela said...

AH! I just saw the hair. I am calling you now but you are probably sleeping. I love it. So funny we were just talking about this on Friday night. Awesome. I can't wait to see it in person.

Steve and Dayna said...

Hey Hottie!!!! I love the dark look. You pull it off so well. Daniel is sooooooooo handsome. I just kept thinking you are in trouble because girls are gonna be all over that little babe.

Haley said...

Wow! They both look awesome! It's fun to change it up.

Melanie said...

Jen I love it!! it looks so good! We all know brunettes have more fun anyway! :o)

Anna said...

Cute hair- both of you! The dark hair really makes your pretty blue eyes stand out- you look fantastic!

Miss you & Love ya...

Shannon and Kevin said...

What a stylish family! I am LOVING your dark hair. It looks awesome! It makes me consider going even darker. ALSO, Mr. Daniel is looking dapper with his new cut. I can't wait to see it in person so soon!

Kathy said...

You look beautiful with your dark hair. :) Daniel is so cute, seriously!

Mindi said...

You are so daring! And I know you had bright blue eyes before.. but the color is great, and really makes your eyes pop!

Fun times for both you and Daniel.

Jessica said...

he looks so cute, and you are beautiful no matter what!

ryan and laura said...

you are beautiful! love the brown hair....but I'm a little biased!

P.S. said...

LOVE your hair, love the boy, love, love, LOVE it all. Seriously your eyes look gorgeous with dark hair.

I think your dark hair will only get cuter in the summer when you get some sun kissed cheeks. You will be a bronze beauty. Not that you could get any prettier!

Lindsey said...

I love your hair! You look beautiful!

callie and steve said...

love the dark!

natalie said...

love the brown! and your little boy is SO cute. Samantha hair is SLOWLY coming in and i can't wait til she has enough for a haircut :) hope you're doing well! coming to utah anytime soon???

Anna said...

Love the dark and Daniel is cute no matter what.

George Family said...

You are ADORABLE as a brunette. You could probably shave it off and you'd still be beautiful.

I LOVE Daniel's haircut. I think it's time to chop off Hunter's too. It's so cute all long and shaggy though :-)

Love you!