Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Catch-Up

This summer is flying by and we have been busy! Between birthdays, trips, and holidays I have had little time to blog- but here are a few highlights from the past few months :)
Daniel's 2nd Birthday Party
The summer started off with Daniel's 2nd birthday on June 1st. I planned it as a swim party, but since it was in the mid 60's, only a few kids braved the water. Luckily Bryson came to the rescue by putting warm water in the pool, so I guess it was not too frigid. The pictures are actually out of order, but it was a great day filled with pizza, cake, swimming, presents, sandbox, balloons, and of course, friends.
Daniel looks cold but having fun with friends
The Happy Happy Birthday Boy!

Loving the cake


He easily blew out his candle and wanted to 'do it again'!
Some of the attendees

It is SO fun to be 2!

One of the 2 cakes I made (It was an attempt to make a Disney 'Cars' cake)

This one was a little prettier

Some of the party food

Memorial Day


What is better than a cupcake in the pool? I really don't know.

Lots of babies!
Some of the delish food we ate that day
Bryson's Plastic Surgery Gradation Party
(No... he did not graduate, but will in 4 years!)
Some of Bryson's good friends in the program
Us at the very fun party
4th of July

At a surgical resident BBQ

Enjoying the great weather
This picture is not the best quality, but it was dark and I did not have my good camera. We watched the fireworks next to the Genessee River downtown Rochester. Since we were literally RIGHT under where they were lighting them off, they were the BEST fireworks I have ever seen!! Daniel loved them.
Brown's Berry Patch

Feeding the goats

The Fam on the enormous jump pad

Daniel helping me look for the ripe raspberries.

Bryson pulling our little berry picker on the wagon

We learned that if you let your little 2 year-old eat pounds and pounds of berries, they will have some GI issues later that night! Poor Daniel, but at least he had fun while we were there!


MORE PICS TO COME! I did not have my camera while we were vacationing in Las Vegas with my family, but as soon as I get the pics I will post them :) Hope you are having a great summer!

12 comments:

Crystal and Morgan said...

JEN! Thank you so much for this post!!! I was just telling morgan how much i miss you guys and I hope jen updates her blog soon lol So I am glad you did! Daniel is cuter than ever and you are such good mom for putting on that swimming pool bday party! We cannot wait to see all of you at deep creek! Give daniel a kiss for me!

Melanie said...

It looks like you guys are having such a fun summer!!! Daniel is getting so big!
Glad you're enjoying the good weather and all the berries - I want to take T berry picking, but I think she is too little this year, we'll have to go next summer.
And Jen, you look gorgeous!

Dayna said...

YAY FOR THE UPDATE! I check your blog everyday in hopes that there will be something new... so glad today was the day (although I am looking forward to some more regular posts:) I can't get over how much bigger daniel looks!! He is so cute and so handsome. His birthday party looked like so much fun! Wish I could have been there to celebrate. Also, I have to tell you- I love your hair!!! I just died my hair brown and am hoping it will lighten up- I really like your shade of color. Anywho- it was fun reading your post. I miss you guys so much! I love you!

kelly said...

nice sum up of events, jen. i really like the one of lena in bloomers in the"heated" baby pool. classic lena.

Angela said...

So fun. Glad the birthday pictures turned out well and the family shots are great!

Kathy said...

Daniel is so cute! Looks like a fun summer. You look so pretty!

Shannon and Kevin said...

You have been busy!!! It seems Daniel is having such a fun summer thanks to a wonderful mom. I was so happy to finally see his birthday party pics - what a great time! He is looking so big! and so extremely handsome!! I can't wait to see you guys in just a few weeks at the lake!

by the way, the pic of you and bryson at the graduation party is GORGEOUS!! You look so HOT! How do you manage to look so good with a toddler in hand and one on the way??? jealous....

Burnhams said...

i love the updates! looks like a fun summer, and jen, you look fabulous!

Mindi said...

I hesitate repeating the same thing as everyone else.. but, I agree! You look amazing, I can't believe how big Danny is getting either, and it was fun for me too, to read the update on how things are going for you guys.

Happy summer!

George Family said...

I don't know how, but your little family just continues to get cuter and cuter! I miss you and love you.

Di said...

jen! you & bryson look hot together! :) happy bday to daniel -i *cannot* believe he is TWO! where does the time go?

Kathryn Cannon said...

wow Jen you look soo beautiful. You aren't too bad either Bryson