Sunday, November 8, 2009

3 Weeks Old

3 weeks have come and gone faster than I can believe. Little James is a dream come true and both Bryson and I look at him and cannot believe he is ours. He eats all the time (and really prefers his meals at night) and weighed in at 11 pounds 6 oz at his 2 week appointment, so we are not really sure what his current weight is. He loves to be held all the time and wants so badly to hold his head up and be part of the conversation when are all sitting around. I think he prefers noise and activity since he becomes unsettled when placed in dark, quiet room, but this works wonderfully as Daniel is anything but quiet around him. Daniel is slowly warming up to the idea of a new little guy in the house and has thankfully been very gentle around him. I found him yesterday sitting behind James, holding his head and kissing him. It was so touched to see how sweet he was with the baby he calls proudly 'my little brother'.
I am hanging in there. I don't ever remember being so tired in all my life and unfortunately yesterday Daniel learned to climb out of his crib. I woke up 20 minutes into my nap (after feeding James every 1 1/2 hours all night long) to a little boy sitting on legs saying "mommy, wake up!". Hopefully this is not the end of Daniel's napping!
Thankfully we have been showered with love from so many people here in Rochester (and all over as well). I have had one wonderful meal after another delivered to my door, sweet friends stop by to see the baby, and a few mornings when people have picked up Daniel for a couple hours so I could rest. We really could not feel any more loved- so thank you!
Here are some recent photos of our cute little guy.







12 comments:

Sheryl said...

So wonderful how so many people have come to help! He's totally a Richards! He looks exactly like a mix between the two of you. He's such a cutie!

ryan and laura said...

he's so darling...and from what I can tell there is nothing "little" about james! you must be feeding him the good stuff :)

Shannon and Kevin said...

Thanks so much for the new pics of James! I can't get over how BIG he is!! What a cutie! He is looking so much like your dad to me. Miss you guys! Love you!

Anna said...

I'm with you on the 'being tired' part, I don't ever remember being this tired either. Two little kiddos is so exhausting, but so worth it. New babies are the best, there's nothing like snuggling them.

SO glad little James is a good eater, that's one big worry that you don't have to even think about, hooray!

Love you, Jen. And congrats again on such a beautiful little boy!

Ang said...

Baby James is so adorable! He looks like such a happy little fellow. Sorry about Daniel climbing out of his crib...no fun at all! But you did get kinda lucky, mine started climbing out at 18 months old! Sounds like he might be getting a big boy bed for Christmas! HOpe you are able to get some sleep and rest up...feeding every hour and a half at night has got to be killing ya! Sorry we don't live closer so we could help out a bit. I am still amazed that you did it all with no drugs...crazy! Superwoman!

callie said...

what a cute little butterball jen!! we are so happy for you guys. he really is adorable!

and girl, i hear you on the exhaustion of two kids! that is when hannah really fell in love with the disney movies...we watched ATLEAST one a day so i could snatch a nap. its all about survival!

and p.s. james is one of my all time favorite names... if it wasn't for steve's bro, we would use it in a heartbeat!

George Family said...

He is SO cute! Sleep is overrated, anyways, right? I say this at 3:20 in the morning :-)

I'm sure you have such great boys because you are such a great mom. Hang in there - we only get to do this once (with each one).

Nate and Nicole said...

Congrats on another beautiful baby boy :)! We're so happy for you and Bryson.

Oh, and I LOVE the name James, too... I think we have similar taste in names, because I love both of your names! :)

Dayna said...

Jen! Yay for all the new pictures!!! I love little James. I can't believe how big he is now but he is so darn cute I just want to hold him and kiss his cute cheeks!!! I wish we lived by you guys so I could come and steal Danny/watch James so you could rest. Being exhausted is no fun. hang in there! I can't wait to meet James. He really has ALL Bigler in him! I can't believe how much he looks like your Dad. I bet your Dad loves that. Miss you guys!

P.S. said...

He is so cute I can't even stand it. I just want to come kiss those chubby little cheeks. Oh his little face is just to die for!
I just feel sad I don't live closer because I'd love to be able to help you get some rest. I do have a little package that I'm sending you today though!

Kathryn Cannon said...

Jen, He looks just like Daniel Greg. Can't wait to meet him this week.

The Strand Family said...

I wish we lived closer so I could help you! It's 2:37 a.m. and I can't sleep! I could take this shift for you :) It sounds like you are a PRO, Jen! I'm excited that Katy will be out there this week, she'll be a huge help! It sounds like Danny is a great big brother, that rocks! xoxoxo!