Thursday, March 25, 2010

crafty kid

Daniel has been very interested in crafts recently- and I am loving it (well...maybe not the cleaning up part- but the creating has been very fun). And this boy LOVES to cook and asks to help at every meal. He has a little chair that he uses to reach the counter and he can crack an egg like nobody's business. When I told him that some people cook for a job, like daddy works at a hospital for his job, his eyes lit up. I may have a little Bobby Flay on my hands!

finger painting has become a new favorite as well as play-doh and coloring


We receive the Disney magazine in the mail each month. He spotted an article from the February edition about 'how to make farm animal cupcakes' and that is all he could talk about. That night we went on a special 'mommy & daniel' date to the grocery store and bought all the ingredients to make them. I think they turned out great!

the cow

the pig

and my personal favorite- the chicken


and his new outfit of choice- his 'super-duper' as he calls it. the only other outfit that compares to this one is his buzz light year shirt that lights up (thanks mom!). I am sure you will see this wonderful piece of clothing in future posts.

once it hit 60 degrees- we took the finger painting outside and decorated the house.

10 comments:

Dayna said...

CUTE!!!!!!! I love how creative he is and just so interested in doing all those things. Love him so much. And those cupcakes are adorable!! You are such an awesome Mom. I bet Danny just loved doing that with you. They turned out so cute. And I can't get over his superman costume (or "super duper" ha)... so cute!!!!! i love him and miss him so much!!!

Dayna said...

PS. I have to apologize for being so lame about responding to your call (and a think a text too). I had intentions of calling you but have kind of been all over the place the past few weeks since my bday with school, jayne, training, and what not and just totally spaced it. But I have to tell you...... I absolutely LOVE the headband and ring and have already worn them on more than one occasion. They are so cute!! That was so thoughtful of you. Thank you so much!!! I miss you guys like crazy and am looking forward to hopefully planning a trip in May to come see you in Vegas baby!!!!

Ang said...

How fun are you to make animal cupcakes with him...those look so cute and like a lot of work! We haven't really done too much finger painting lately because last time they decided to finger paint the walls in the kitchen...good idea to take them outside since it is getting warmer. I ate some Velveeta Cheese Shells with my kids the other day...reminded me of college before you went to London... :)

Amanda said...

What a little artist. And he's definitely a Bobby Flay and not a Mario Batali!

Shannon and Kevin said...

This is so darling! You are supermom! I love his big grins for the pictures! He looks great in his superman outfit - I think Bryson used to sport the same one... :)

Love you guys!

Deboro said...

You are so darling Jen! I cannot wait until Elle wants to make cute chicken cupcakes! Daniel is so adorable, can you guys PLEASE come and move in next door?!

P.S. said...

Okay...that is pretty hysterical. I was signed in under D and didn't realize it until I posted that last comment. Oopsie, I just made my husband look like a total creeper. I'm sure he thinks you're darling too, but tell Bryson not to worry it was really me who wrote that.

Anna said...

It's so fun to help your kids do things they love :) The cupcakes turned out SO CUTE and it's so adorable that you helped him maek his little cupcake dreams come true. Superhero mom! Superhero kiddo! You guys are awesome :) Miss you.

Mindi said...

Don't you love when they can go outside for that kind of stuff? I can only dream. :)

Impressive stuff that you took on those cupcakes.. we get the same magazine, and I saw the cute article.. but did I do anything about it? No. Perhaps you have inspired me...

and your little guy? Five months already?! SO cute!! Is Daniel doing any better with his little bro?

Burnhams said...

Oh fun. I wish my little guys would do stuff like that. Maybe I will try it out again. You've inspired me :)