Monday, May 10, 2010

It is good to be a mother

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mothers and to anyone who has made a difference in the lives of children. It is a gift to spend time with the most angelic and perfect people on this Earth!
I want to thank my mother for all she has done for me. I love her so much!

My Mother's Day started off great. I woke up to the sound of this little critter babbling 'mamma'. Not a bad way to start the day :)

Bryson let me hang out in bed for 45 minutes (I don't remember the last time this happened) while he made breakfast and took care of the boys.
He them asked me to come out to eat breakfast and I saw two adorable little ones sitting in a NEW DOUBLE STROLLER. I have been wanting one ever since James was born and he picked out the PERFECT one. What a guy! Too bad it was snowing (yes- snowing) yesterday or else we would have gone out for a nice walk.

Then Daniel presented me with a very heartfelt card that he designed himself.
After that, we all ate a delicious breakfast of French Toast, eggs, bacon, and juice made by my dear hubby.

Then it was off to church!
How did I get so lucky?
Hope you all had a great day too!!
** and my mother's day would not have been complete without a little gift left by james. I crawled into bed last night after he had fallen asleep on our bed to find that my side of the bed was SOAKED in pee. Bryson was asleep and it was too late to do anything about it, so I put down a towel and crawled into bed. I woke up a little damp this morning! Thanks James :)

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous mother's day! What a great looking stroller but the items inside the stroller are even cuter!! Happy Mother's Day!

Ang said...

I love your attitude about the "wet bed"...oh the things we endure as mother's...can you ever imagine sleeping on a towel in college or even pre-children. I think it amazing how much it changes us for the better. We learn to walk around with snot/slobber on our shirts and not even mind. Sounds like you had a fabulous Mother's Day! Looks like James will be an easy sell on riding in the jogging stroller...Daniel might need a little coaxing... ")

Amanda said...

How awesome! What a nice stroller. Hopefully it'll get warmer this week so you can give it a test run. And with the pee incident, seriously, you're too nice. I'd be all over making Ben wake up so we could change the sheets. Either that or I'd just crowd his side of the bed.

Laura said...

happy mothers day! you have 2 darling little boys and apparently super dad for a hubby :)

The Strand Family said...

YAY for an outstanding Mother's Day Jen! Bryson is such a great hubby and dad! LOVE the stoller! Your boys are too cute! Love you guys!

Dayna said...

Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like the perfect day spent in your honor. Great stroller! I love all the pictures of the boys- they are TOO CUTE.

Burnhams said...

Oh the wet bed. Hasn't happened, but it seems like a moment straight from my life. Lovin these little boys and all that comes with them. haha Happy mothers day!

George Family said...

I love your attitude and I love the present James left you. Especially heartfelt. Love you!