Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Super Hero

My little super-hero is having surgery tomorrow morning. He is having his tonsils and adenoids removed due to sleep apnea and obstructed breathing. We realized this Spring that he was struggling with this when we noticed him snoring like an old man and waking himself up at night. The pediatrician recommended that Daniel undergo a sleep study, so the two of us spent the night in a sleep center in August. Daniel was hooked up to a bazillion monitors and still amazingly fell asleep (I am sure the movies, chocolate, and popcorn he was allowed to eat in bed helped a little!). The results came back that he indeed needed to have the surgery.
I have been dreading this day for weeks and weeks! His doctor performs dozens of these surgeries every week, so I know he is in good hands, but I still cannot help feeling very anxious. I think I am most worried about the anesthesia, but again, he is going to well taken care of. Please just keep him in your prayers tonight,and I will give an update in the near future about how our little 'mr. incredible' is doing. 


from the night we slept at the sleep center

7 comments:

Jessica said...

oh my goodness! He'll be in our prayers!

Henderson said...

Even with a safe procedure, it is never easy to put your little one in someone else's hands...

I am sure he will be a champ and be up fighting the bad guys in no time!

p.s. we should get our superhero's together sometime soon!

Ang said...

Good luck with everything, let us know once he is home safely. We'll keep him in our prayers.

Dayna said...

We've been thinking about you guys today.

I hope the surgery went well. Keep us posted!

stace said...

good luck! It is so nerve wracking (as the mom) to have this done to your baby. Paige had hers out in February and it has been so great for her...no more snoring and sleeping much better.

kelly said...

something about all the cords...breaks my heart!!! even though i know they are harmless.

Cannon and Kassie said...

Hi Jen! So sad he had to have surgery, but I'm glad everything went well. Your boys are so cute! Daniel is SO big! I hope you are liking it upstate :)