Friday, November 5, 2010

Our missionary is HOME!

 My dear brother Nick is home from his mission as of this past Tuesday. He was called to the Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia mission. He served there for over a year, but due to issues with the church (and all religious institutions) not being able to renew American 'work' visas, he was sent to the Portland, OR mission and has been there the past 6 months. 
Reading Nick's letters and watching his testimony develop these past 2 years has been such a blessing in my life. He worked so hard and served the people on his mission with such diligence and selflessness. I know what he did was not easy (as with all missions) as he battled bitter cold, terrible food, rejection, and I am sure days of feeling lonely and homesick, but he did it with such a joyful and humble heart. I want to thank Nick for his great sacrifice and example. Daniel is already excited to serve a mission like his big uncle Nick! Love you buddy and can't wait to see you in a few days :) 



"I believe there is nothing in all the world that can compare with the joy that a man feels when he realizes that he has been the instrument in the hands of the living God of reaching some honest heart, inspiring in it a love of God and the desire to serve Him."
Heber J. Grant 

3 comments:

George Family said...

Welcome home Nicky! It has been amazing watching him grow up from the time he was only 6 or 7. I'm constantly amazed by him!

Mindi said...

Wow! It's already been two years?! Time sure does fly! I think he had just got his call when we saw you last. Another baby, a 1st (and 3rd) birthday, a surgery and a bunch of holidays since then... much has changed... all for the good. Your family is gorgeous! :) Sending you love!

George Family said...

It's been ALMOST 2 months....I'm just saying! Those little guys are growing and I can't even watch!