Friday, January 21, 2011


 Little James hit 15 months this past weekend. What a wonderful 15 months it has been! I know this is not a remarkable milestone, but I was looking through my blog book that Bryson printed out for me, and I noticed how many more details I would write about Daniel. I thought that for my poor memory's sake, I would write some down for James. So here you go Jamesie!

James at 15 months. 
James is our rough and tumble guy. His head never fails to have at least one large bruise on it. We call him Jamesie, but Linus would actually be a more appropriate name. His blanket and pacifier are his best friends. 
One of my favorite physical traits about James is his gap tooth. He has a big mouth and the first thing you see when it is opened is the space between his two baby front teeth. 
He is a picky eater. This can probably be blamed on his mother who after so many months of him throwing up  2-3 times daily, she would just feed him the food that she new he most liked and would eat the most of. Luckily his stomach issues are much better and we even had a GI x-ray yesterday morning at Golisano Children's Hospital that confirmed that everything is working well inside that little body. He just eats too much, too fast, and has some re-flux, but nothing major.
James is not a man of words. That may be because his older brother is always saying so many, but I think he is quiet by nature (except for when he lets out an occasional scream). He prefers to discover, explore, knock over, climb on, chew on, and pull down. He understands everything you say (and even follows commands) but his vocabulary consist of: ball, mamma, dadda, no no, daniel (well, something that sounds like daniel), boo (book), uh oh, ooo (out), baba (drink or food). He has just learned to say "moo" for cow and we were all really excited about this new development in the Richards home. Daniel seems to be worried about his lack of words. He said to me other day "Mom, we really need to teach James how to talk. He is getting big now". I just think Daniel wants someone (other than his mother) to converse with. He loves James and there is no sweeter sound to be heard in our home than when they are giggling together.
James is strong and always has been. I have a difficult time holding him down to change his diaper, and he can literally jump out of my hands sometimes. He has learned to use this 'Houdini' act during church when I try to keep him inside our row during sacrament. 
This boy loves to dance. He little legs look like he is trying out for river dance when we put music on. And he can run really fast. So fast that his legs cannot keep up with his desire for speed, and he often falls flat on his face (note my comment about bruises above). 
Books, books, books- this boy loves books. He will spend a good amount of time looking through them, and he loves to just carry them around and stack them up or throw them around. As long as he has one in his hand, he is entertained.
And lastly, he loves his Mamma...sigh :) He wants me over anyone else and is very clingy. I know this phase will not last very long, so I am trying to just soak it in and enjoy being the center of his universe.
Well, there is so much more I can say, but that is probably good for now. I just want to add one more thing that I do not think I have shared. I remember having a fear that I would somehow not love my 2nd child as much as my first. I hope some of you have experienced this thought and are not reading this and thinking I am crazy, but I really did worry about that. But it is amazing how much you love the 2nd (and I am sure the 3rd, 4th, etc..) after they come. I feel like Daniel and James have always been a part of my life, and my heart feels such tender and sometimes overwhelming feelings of love for them.  








No comments: