Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mothers

I will admit that I am still figuring out this whole 'mothering' thing, but I have decided that it is a pretty great role. It is not for the faint of heart (lots of pain, poop, screaming, exhaustion, and worrying) but I feel more joy and satisfaction in watching my two little boys just play (on any typical day) than I do in everything else I have accomplished in my life combined. 
I feel very blessed to be so supported in this role. I have a wonderful mother who has always been such an incredible example to me, and sisters, sister-in-laws, and a mother-in-law who all shine in their roles as mothers. Not to mention my very loving grandmas (and great grandmas) that have shaped my life and taught me so much. In fact, I know we all come from a long lineage of women who have contributed to our ability to rear our children.  
I am also very blessed to have been raised in a religion that praises women and their roles as mothers. I have been taught since I was very young that raising children is nothing short of divine. 
And even though it is Mother's Day, I, of course, have to attribute so much what I am able to do as a mom to the love and support shown to me by my husband. It is a combined effort and we make a good team. 
And I want to tell all of my friends how impressed I am by you. I am so lucky to be surrounded by so many great moms who set such good examples and are inspiring me.
Again, I want to thank my mother for all that she has done and continues to do. I realize from watching her that being a mother is truly a life-long (even eternal) calling as my mom still takes care of me and my family in so many ways.  

To all mothers:
 Thank you for all you do!
My beautiful mother who means everything to me

My pride and joy
My amazing sister (one of two, but Steph is not yet a mom :)whose friendship, advise, and help I could not live without. 
My very lovely mother-in-law
My very awesome sister-in-laws (minus two, Lauren & Elyse, who are also awesome, but do not have kids and are not pictured)
I hope you all enjoy your day tomorrow!

1 comment:

di said...

Jen you are such a beautiful person! I am so glad we met in NYC. Your sweet family makes my heart happy when I had this chance to catch up on your blog! Give B my best - residency is almost done! :) xo