Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Three Bears

Many nights I look at the clock and it is only 6:00 PM- but I am exhausted! The kids and I eat dinner and then James usually begs for cookies. Some nights I don't have it in me to put up a fight, so he gets his way and then ends up looking like this:




With no hubby in sight to relieve me, I often pop the children into the tub. They can always use a good scrub and it doubles as a sort of play pen. Then, for the sake of a photo op, I pop little Andy into the tub. Bryson and I have decided that we pretty much put his life at risk every time we do this, but everyone seems to have fun!





And since the ratio is 1:3 (that is 1 human mother to 3 bear cubs) I cannot attend to these wild things all at the same time once they escape from the bath/crib. Therefore, some shenanigans often take place such as below:




 And then dad comes home- in the nick of time! He wrestles the bear cubs and then we put them to bed. And then I get up and do it all over again! 



3 comments:

Mike, Ashley, and Haven Bourne said...

Oh my goodness, the pictures of James in your heels are hilarious!!!! You have the most darling boys :-)

George Family said...

Adorable. Those boys are so loved. We'll keep an eye on James and his love of bright red shoes ;-) I can't wait to see you in 2 weeks.

Amanda said...

Seriously, one of the best posts ever! Those series of pictures of James in your heels are a crack up! And that face with the cookie goatee?!?! C'mon!!!