Friday, September 20, 2013

Fall is here in Ohio



The boys are back in school here in Ohio and both seem to really enjoy their classes. I was nervous about both of them starting new schools with new friends, but they have adjusted so well!
Danny started first grade. His teacher is adorable and he has 3 friends from his primary class in his school class! He loves PE, music, art, and library, but his favorite is recess. 
James started preschool. It looks like he will not make the cut off (barely) and will have to have yet another year of preschool next year. He has two wonderful teachers and lots of cute little kids in his class. He has art, Spanish, and movement every week along with lots of play time indoors and out.
I was able to go to class with him for 1 hour his first day. He was so cute! All he wanted to do was play with stuffed animals with me. It was a really special day for us.  




This is the face he made when I told him to act 'silly'!






 Danny jumped onto the bus on his first day without any hesitation. He told me the night before that he was just a tiny tiny bit nervous for his first day, but mostly excited. We picked out his outfit (not my first choice, but he looked cute and felt confident in what he was wearing) and got everything else laid out the the night before. 
It was so hard to see him leave on the bus! Last year he left at 8 AM and was home by 11:15 AM. This year he leaves at 8 AM and does not get home until 3:40! Not to mention we have been together 24/7 this entire summer. I felt so uneasy about him being away from me and his home for the majority of the day. Luckily he is loving school and seems incredibly happy.





And Andrew is the same squishy, sweet, and adorable baby boy. He has James at home with him most of the day, but is always sad when we drop him off at preschool. I have loved having some 1 on 1 time with him and 2 days a week James and I are together all afternoon while he naps. 






Bryson and I decided to take a last minute trip to the Columbus temple last weekend. It was 5 hours (round trip) of driving, but well worth it. The boys watched movies in the car and played with church friends at a nearby stake center while we went through a session. We ended the day eating dinner at a restaurant made from an old train. The boys thought it was awesome!


And we have had a lot of birthday celebrations around here this week! Bryson turned 34 on the 16th, and I turned 29 again on the 18th. We each took turns planning the parties and making dinner for one another. Bryson went all out this year with lunch, a steak dinner, homemade cake, perfume and other gifts. I got to spend the whole day with him. It may have been one of my best birthdays yet. 
I made lasagna from scratch and an angel food cake for Bryson. He got home late on his b-day, but we still had a fun party when he arrived home.





Mom and dad sent me some beautiful flowers for my birthday!






And Danny  had school pictures this week. We did a pre-pictures photo shoot at home. He looked adorable!!





2 comments:

Sean and Jeannette said...

Monkey Butts?!?! Absolutely perfect. I'm so glad you had such an awesome birthday! Way to go, Bryson!

Luke and Tiffany Bigler said...

Oh my goodness Jenny!! I can't believe how big the boys are getting!! And birthday time around your house seemed absolutely fabulous!! :) So glad Ohio is treating you well!